TOTAL : 89, PAGE : 1 / 5, CONNECT : 0 ȸ¿ø°¡ÀÔ ·Î±×ÀÎ
   Á¶µ¿ÀÏ
   Interrelated Issues in Korean, East Asian and World Literature (Seoul: Jimoondang, 2006)
                                Preface

I am studying the interrelation between Korean, East Asian, and world literature. On this theme I have published more than fifty books, but as most of them are written in Korean, they are not known and read widely. The contributions I wish to make in improving the global age are unfortunately trapped behind the language barrier.  
        Two books used European languages. Korean Literature in Cultural Context and Comparative Perspective. (Seoul: Jipmoondnag, 1997), presents some glimpses of my research.  Histoire de la littérature coéenne des origines jusqu'à 1919 (Paris: Fayard, 2001), written with Daniel Bouchez, shows the outline of Korean classical literature, understood from a new viewpoint.  
        I have traveled widely to inform others of my discoveries and to find friends of common interests.  I have attended many international academic conferences and given lectures frequently at foreign universities. The countries I have visited for those purposes are Japan, China, Taiwan, India, Kazakhstan, France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Germany, England, Sweden, Russia, America, Australia, Egypt, and South Africa.
        The nine articles composing this book have been selected from the papers prepared for those conferences. Though scattered in topics, they are reports of newly discovered interrelations among the literatures that have until now been considered irrelevant. The literary journey from Korea to East Asia, and from East Asia to the whole world offered me a precious opportunity to be a happy pioneer with unusual insights.
           I would like to thank to my companion Charles La Shure. He is an American student, now a Ph. D. candidate in Korean literature at Seoul National University. He continuously helped me to write better English. He is translating the massive volumes of my Hangugmunhagtonsa (A Comprehensive History of Korean Literature) into English. It will be very helpful to fill up the inevitable shortcomings of this small book.  

New Year Day,

Cho Dong-il

Korean Study in the Global Age

The Problem of Canon in Korean Literature

Two Korean Vernacular Epics of the 15th Century

Korean Literary History in the East Asian Context

The Medieval Age in Korean, East Asian, and World Literary Histories

Historical Changes in the Translation from Chinese              Literature:
                        a Comparative View of Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese Cases

From Oral to Written Epics: Toward a Comparative Study of
                        Asian and African Cases

Mutual Understanding of Hagiographic Traditions

Biography and Confession: Eastern and Western Cultural Memories

ÀÌ Ã¥¿¡ ´ëÇÑ Jina KimÀÇ ¼­ÆòÀÌ  Acta Koreana Volume 11 Number 2 June 2008 (Keimyung University: Academia Koreana, 2008)¿¡ ÀÖ´Ù.

PREV   <<¼¼°è.Áö¹æÈ­½Ã´ëÀÇ Çѱ¹ÇÐ (4) °í±ÝÇй® ÇÕµ¿ÀÛÀü>>(°è¸í´ëÇб³ ÃâÆǺÎ, 2006) Á¶µ¿ÀÏ
NEXT   <<Å»ÃãÀÇ ¿ø¸® ½Å¸íÇ®ÀÌ>>(Áö½Ä»ê¾÷»ç, 2006) Á¶µ¿ÀÏ

Copyright 1999-2001 Zeroboard / skin by ZERO